How do you know if you have a subsidence problem?

Let’s say you take a walk around your house and notice some of the following:

Horizontal cracks (especially at corners) of varying width.









Cracks at the interface of your wall and paving/gutter


Pavers that are sinking/subsiding


This is a good indication that you have a subsidence problem.

If the cracks are not too severe, the settlement can be arrested.


Call our Engineer on 021 423 6292 to investigate and design a method of repair .

This could be as simple as redirecting storm water flows away from foundations or as complicated as the installation of a form of underpinning.

On completion of the underpinning it is advisable to consult with our Engineer with regard to repairs required to the cracks and resultant damage in the concrete or brickwork of the structure.

11 August 2011 017.jpg

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s